COVID-19 TRAVEL SAFETY INFORMATION
Updated: 29th November, 2021
To our loyal guests,
Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to pose a health risk across the globe, and the health and safety of our guests and staff is our utmost priority.
In line with current COVID-19 restrictions, for any stays from the 29th November 2021 onwards, guests must adhere to the following conditions with no exceptions.
*Bookings will only be accepted from holiday guests who reside in Australia. Restrictions will continue to apply for anyone who has been overseas in the last 14 days. Guests will only by excluded if they are travelling from COVID hotspots as listed on the Victorian State Government Website. Please check these sites before travelling as they are being constantly updated.
*Some travel into Victoria from other states and territories may require a travel permit depending on restrictions. You can apply for a permit via the Service Victoria website.
* Eureka Stockade Holiday Park recommends all guests download and activate the COVID Safe App
*ALL guests must now check in using the Victorian Government QR Code located at the front of reception and around areas of the park. Failure to comply with this request may result in a $1600 fine for our guests and a $10000 fine for our park
*Masks are recommended to be worn where you cannot safely socially distance.
*We are open to unvaccinated patrons in our cabins and powered sites, although will not have access to the games room.
*Access to the pool next door, managed by Ballarat Council, you will need to show proof of vaccination to enter.
* Amenities, Laundry, Kitchen & Games Room must operate strictly in accordance with the 4 square metre per person rule.
* Social distancing practices apply, including; 1.5m separation from others, limiting 1 person per 4m2 (excl. your household). Social distancing is the responsibility of every patron. Anybody found to be disregarding social distancing measures will be asked to leave.
* Guests must abide by safe practice and the required hygiene rules. Wash your hands regularly, cover your cough, avoid touching your face and shaking hands with anyone. Especially when using any communal facilities including laundry, communal camp kitchen and games room.
* If you’re not feeling well please ensure you stay home for the safety of everyone. Similarly, if you or any member of your party becomes unwell while staying or up to 2 weeks after departure at Eureka Stockade Holiday Park, you must advise Reception immediately on 03 5331 2281.
* Any patrons found to be disregarding any of the above conditions will be asked to leave without refund. We ask for everyone’s cooperation during this time to ensure restrictions continue to be relaxed and we can get back to normal operations as soon as possible.
COVID-19 BOOKING GUARANTEE: Rest assured if borders close or a lock-down occurs and you can no longer make your booking due to Government restrictions around COVID, we offer a FREE cancellation. Alternatively, we are happy to provide you with a credit on your account for when you are ready to book your future holiday. Please note, if you have booked your accommodation through a third-party provider ie. Booking.com you will need to contact them directly and the cancellation policy of that company would apply.
If you have any queries please contact the park directly on 03 5331 2281 or see Reception staff.
The ESHP team would like to thank you for your patience in these unprecedented times and we look forward to welcoming you to our park.
How are we reducing the Risk of COVID-19:
We have developed a COVIDSAFE plan for all guests staying to ensure we are following government advice and doing all we can to limit the spread of Coronavirus. This includes but is not limited to:
- Social distancing practices in all common areas and camp kitchens
- Limits to number of persons using facilities at any time
- Increased cleaning frequencies
- Installation of hand sanitiser units around the park
- Compulsory pre-arrival declaration for all guests to reduce any risks
- Changes to some of our customer service & check-in procedures
- Use of masks in line with Government recommendations