One of the main drawcards that entice visitors to regularly stay at the Eureka Stockade Holiday Park is the convenient location within less than five minutes drive from four of Ballarat's major tourist attractions.
Museum of Australian Democracy at Eureka (M.A.D.E)
With the evocative 158-year-old Eureka Flag as its centrepiece, M.A.D.E’s interactive and immersive exhibitions explore the evolution and the future of democracy – looking at culture, civics, history and citizenship. M.A.D.E will feature high-end, technical interactive exhibits, two formal education spaces, a purpose-built display gallery for the Eureka Flag, a theatre that seats up to 120, a café, gift shop and an outdoor precinct.
T: 1800 287 113
Sovereign Hill - Where history began!
* A goldfields township set over 60 acres on the site of the world's richest alluvial gold mine.
* Over 60 buildings throughout the township to explore.
* More than 40 horses working in the township.
* See craftsmen at work in traditional 1850's trades.
* Go underground in the Red Hill and Quartz Mines.
* Marvel at $50,000 AUS of liquid gold being poured.
* See demonstrations and street activations every day.
T: (03) 5337 1100
Gold Museum - Come face to face with real gold!
Discover the beauty and power of gold through one of Australia's most impressive presentations. The Gold Museum houses an extensive and valuable collection of gold nuggets, alluvial deposits, gold ornaments and coins, featuring the renowned Jessica and Paul Simon collection of gold coins.
T: (03) 5337 1100
Ballarat Wildlife Park
Set on 16 acres of beautiful peppermint gum woodland, you can experience close contact with koalas, kangaroos, emus and other native animals in an atmosphere of contentment and tranquility.
T: (03) 5333 5933